It’s Fall! The days are shortening, the leaves are turning and the air is becoming brisk. With a new season comes new “Honey do’s.” Here’s a quick list of home maintenance items to check off this Autumn:
- Make sure your outdoor lighting is working correctly.
- Have your roof inspected and any damage repaired.
- Trim back any trees or bushes which are encroaching on the house.
- Put away your outdoor furniture, barbecue, and anything else.
- Do a yard clean up – it’s raking season!
- Get any foundation cracks fixed.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned.
- Take a look at your steps and walkways to make sure they are solidly in place.
- Repair and seal your deck, driveway, garage floor, or anywhere else.
- Clean and stow the yard equipment you won’t be using.
- Clean or replace dirty furnace filters.
- Get your chimney cleaned out. While you’re at it – make sure to stock up on wood too!
- Test your smoke and carbon monitors.
- Weather-strip your doors as needed.
- Get your ducts cleaned.
- Give your dryer vent a deep clean.
- Reverse your ceiling fan to distribute the warm air evenly.
- Check your basement for any cracked windows, loose frames, or cracked panes
- Change your thermostat settings.
- Take a look at your attic insulation. Make sure it isn’t damaged or missing.
Here’s to a great, new season!