The Fourth is right around the corner. It’s a great time to get your yard ready, whether you’re having a backyard barbecue or just want to be ready to great summer. Here are some ideas for getting your yard ready for the festivities.
- Remove any damaged or dead leaves from backyard plants. A lot of outdoor plants suffered from the recent hailstorm – so be sure to do as much as you can to reverse this damage.
- Clean your gutters – both outside and in. Dirty gutters can make your home look shabby – and be a poor conductor of water during any surprise storms.
- Get your roof, siding, decks, and walkways cleaned off.
- Mow that grass. It’s been growing in spite of the hail, so make sure it’s trimmed down and managed.
- Plant fresh flowers, display cuttings, and hang pots of patriotically colored flowers.
- Set up outdoor lighting. You can hang individual lights from trees in your backyard, hang string lights, add candles, or line a walkway with solar powered lights. Also, be sure any steps are sufficiently lit.
- Have a designated prep area. This may be indoors or outdoors, but it’s good to have a staging area that you can prepare dinner, snacks, or anything else without getting constantly interrupted.
- Add some shade. If you don’t have any shade in your yard, try getting some stand-alone umbrellas or an awning so your guests don’t roast along with the meat and veggies.
- Clean out your grill and get it fired up. Make sure everything works properly before the party starts.
Have a fantastic summer!