– Keep debris off your roof.
– Find if your roof was sealed, and if so when. Roof sealants tend to last about 5 years. If your roof has never been sealed, check out getting it sealed.
– Make sure to get your roof inspected after about 5 years.
– Don’t let inconsistencies in your roofing go uninspected. If your shingles look curved, pitted, faded or missing, don’t let the situation deteriorate into a leak.
– Keep your gutters clean and clear.
– If you notice water pooling on your roof, that’s a bad sign. Get it checked out.
– Keep an eye on your roof warranty and make sure to follow it when you get any repairs.
– If you decide on a quick fix for damage, make sure to research and get a long-lasting fix installed before anything wears out.
Here’s hoping your winter is leak-free.