You can use shingles, metal roofing, tiles, slate, wood, and more. So, how do you make a decision with your roofer about which material is best for you? Well, here’s a list of question you should mull over:
1. How long should this material last?
2. How complicated is the install of this material – how long should it take for this material to be put on your home?
3. The million dollar question… How much will it cost?
4. Is there a greener solution than the material suggested?
5. Is there a warranty for this material?
6. How weather proof is the roofing material? Does it work with your weather conditions? (If you’re in the Pacific NW, this means heavy rain, some freezing, etc.)
7. How can I tell when the material is deteriorating?
8. If you have other plans for your roof – such as installing solar panels, adding a natural roof, etc – will this material support your future plans?
Here’s hoping you have a perfect roof, keeping you dry this autumn!