When you are looking to hire a roofer, here’s an idea of what to expect:
1. They offer free estimates. This can change if there’s a very complicated situation with your roof, but generally roofers should offer free estimates and consults.
2. They understand what you deal with in your region. Your roofer should be an expert in roofs in the Pacific NW. If you have a historical home, they should have an understanding of what your roof should look like with the appropriate roof.
3. They should schedule you at a time that works for both them and you. Sometimes this requires a bit of juggling, but shouldn’t be too difficult.
4. Your roofer should give you a reminder call before they come out. They should then arrive on-time.
5. They should be able to give you a general idea of how long your project will take.
6. Finally, they should leave your home and surrounding area clean.
Here’s hoping any roof work you get is on-time and just what you expect!