Portland is the most haunted city in the Pacific NW. This being said, we must have some pretty cool and pretty old haunted houses. You can not only enjoy the unique architecture of these homes and places, but even take away some inspiration for your own home.
Here are some of the haunted houses you can check out around Portland:
– Pittock Manor, supposed to be haunted by the Pittock family.
-Willamette Mansion, haunted by unexplained phenomina
– White Eagle Tavern, supposed to be haunted by many – but most famously a prostitute named Rose who was murdered in the tavern’s more violent days.
– The Benson Hotel, Hotels almost always seem to have one spook or another. The Benson famously hosts helpful ghosts – one of which helped a guest to bed one night.
– The Heathman Hotel has less friendly ghosts, but there are apparently ghostly presences there all the same.
– The McLoughlin House, supposed to be haunted by a lady who once lived there.
– A N. Syracuse St Craftsman Home is supposed to be haunted by some kind of presence which turns lights off and on.
– A Watts St Craftsman Home is apparently haunted by children.
– A N. Porstmouth Ave home on the 7100 block of N. Portland, supposed to be haunted by phantom rain indoors and voices.
There are tons more haunted places all around Portland, from SW Stark St to the Willamette River itself!
On second thought, instead of scaring yourself silly for inspiration, it may be a better idea to contact your roofing company and get some ideas from us about how you can create the perfect look for your home. We specialize in historic NW homes.