– Add light. You can do this by simply changing up your light fixtures, installing extra windows or by getting skylights installed.
– Update your siding. If your home needs a pick-me-up, try installing new siding to make your home feel newer.
– Install new carpet, or deep clean your old one. Adding new carpeting or getting old carpeting really cleaned can brighten up your home.
– Repaint or install a new door. Your door is the first thing you see when you get home. Try painting the frame around the door, and repaint or replace your actual door.
– Pressure wash or repaint your home. You can brighten up your home instantly with a new coat of paint, or by cleaning up the outside of your home.
– Add storage to your kitchen and other parts of your home. Dated homes often don’t have enough storage space. Try installing new cabinets in your kitchen, bathroom, and other locations where extra storage might be useful.
Hopefully these ideas will help brighten and increase the value of your home.