It’s the time of year when spooky apparitions demand candy from us, and ghosts are supposed to roam the night. It’s also the time of year when the weather gets windy and rainy, and when we often hear from people who are experiencing frightening noises and leaks above their heads.
Here are some easy prevention and detection methods of ensuring these spooky situations don’t happen to you:
– If you suspect a leak, you can go into your attic and feel the ceiling for dampness. If you aren’t sure of your findings, or the interior is wet, get your roof looked at.
– Get your roof inspected on a regular basis.
– Ensure your attic is well ventilated.
– If something looks amiss with your roof ( there is a missing or curling shingle, the flashing appears off, etc), get it inspected and repaired quickly. Getting a repair at the first sign of trouble can prevent costly repairs later on.
– Get your gutters cleaned of all debris.
– Trim your trees back so the branches cannot harm your roof.
These are some ideas to help you keep dry inside, and to avoid mysterious sounds and drips coming from above.