The heatwave we felt this past weekend really rang in the new season. So, it’s time to get your summer “honey dos” done, before temperatures get even hotter. Here is a homecare “to do” list that you should follow this hot season.
- Avoid fruit flies by getting your spring cleaning completed.
- Check the seals around your windows and doors to make sure they are keeping the hot air outdoors.
- Clean or change the filter on your AC.
- Plant any seeds or starts that will be producing in the end of summer or fall – and make sure to water them thoroughly.
- Get quotes and start times for any professional projects that you’d like to get completed around your home (summer is usually the busiest times for roofing companies and other contractors, so get on the schedule now.)
- Get your chimney swept and close the flue.
- Clean your lawn furniture, your barbecue, and anything else that you need for outdoor fun.
- Get your children’s favorite toys out and set up activity boxes for their summer break.
- Set up a cool and enclosed space for your indoor/outdoor pets to chill out.
- Throw your first summer bash!
Have a great summer!